I could start with a little Gwen Stefani but I have a feeling I’ve already worn that out in previous banana based recipe posts SO it’s gonna have to be put on the shelf for the time being, although I guess it’s a sign of success for her that whenever I think of the yellow fruit (or isn’t it technically a berry?) her lyrics come to mind?
Banana bread is one of those recipes that I constantly go to, whenever I buy bananas I secretly hope I won’t get through them all before they get a little too ripe and have to be made into a cake, I did start freezing the odd one that turned brown in order to have them on hand whenever I fancied some banana bread but unfortunately I’ve not had much look when using the frozen variety- if you have any ideas why or how I can make them work pleaseeee let me know!
Anyway, onto the recipe!
- 100g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180°/160° fan and grease/line a 2lb loaf tin
- Mix the butter, sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder and eggs into a bowl and beat together with an electric whisk
- Mash the bananas up with a fork and then add to the rest of the batter, mixing until fully incorporated
- Pour into the cake tin and then pop into the oven for approx 50minutes until lightly golden and springy to the touch
- Leave the loaf in the tin until the tin has cooled and then remove the loaf and place on a wire rack to cool fully
& there you have it! I’m sure you can see why it’s such a favourite of mine now given how simple the recipe is and also how little time it takes to prepare!
I hope you’ve had a fab Monday, now I’m just gonna go make myself another loaf so I’ve got a slice to eat while I watch Bake Off tomorrow night!
Yes, I caved and am watching even on Channel 4 without my beloved Mary Berry! I have to say the adverts are incredibly annoying but aside from that it’s actually remarkably similar to the series that aired on the BBC previously and it’s about the bakers after all, have you been watching? Do you have a favourite yet? I’ve got about 4/5 at the minute and I’m not willing to disclose who, although if you happen to check my twitter at 8pm on Tuesday I’m sure you’ll get a good idea!
I’m considering making Monday recipe posts a regular thing while #GBBO is on, what’re your thoughts? I’d love to know whether that seems like overkill or not…? Let me know! Also give me a heads up if there are any bakes you’d love a recipe for, I’m more than happy to oblige!