When your house is full of choc the only thing you can do is make sweet treats, right?
I’ve been sitting on this recipe for a while now but seen as my MIA status isn’t yet over (give me a month and uni will be HISTORY!) I’ve just not had chance to write up the post and share it with you.
SO, here’s an extra Easter treat for you lovelies…
- 550g White Chocolate
- 100g Rich Tea Biscuits
- 100g Pink Wafer Biscuits
- 200g Mini Eggs
- 125g Mini Marshmallows
- Melt 450g of White Chocolate either in a microwave at 30 second intervals or over a double boiler
- Add the biscuits to a sandwich bag and hit with a rolling pin/ something similarly heavy (a bottle of wine or a tin of beans usually does the trick!) until they are broken up into large chunks, then add to the melted chocolate
- Add 150g of Mini Eggs to a food bag and do the same- they’re a lot easier to bite into when they’ve been bashed about a bit- then add to the chocolate and biscuits
- Finally add 100g marshmallows to the chocolate and mix everything together thoroughly
- Line a 20cm/8in baking tin with clingfilm
- Add the mixture to the tin and press down firmly
- Melt the remaining 100g chocolate and then pour over the top of the rocky road and spread out to leave a thin layer of chocolate on top, before sprinkling the remaining mini eggs and marshmallows over the top
- Refrigerate until set, this shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours,
Top Tip- before cutting up allow the block to reach room temperature and your job will be a lot easier!
I feared this might be a little late in the game for Easter treat recipes BUT who doesn’t love to buy half price mini eggs?! Plus, it’s a perfect way to use them up if you don’t want them hanging round the house for too long! Let me know if you have any other Easter treat ideas you’d like me to have a go at, I’ve got 12 months to get creating!
I hope you’ve all had a fabulous Easter weekend and managed to get some me time in! Head on over to my Insta story if you want to see what I’ve been up to!