When I saw the La Mer Glossybox popping up in my favourite bloggers Instagram posts I HAD to have it- I signed up to the waiting list and waited patiently for the 20th to roll round. There I was at 8:30 ready and waiting for the email I was told to expect first thing with my exclusive link to access the pre-sale at 9am, when it got to quarter past and I still hadn’t had an email I was definitely disappointed- so many people were tweeting about getting their hands on one and I still hadn’t had my link! Thankfully, it came through soon after and I did manage to get one of the 2000 boxes to try.
Normally, I probably wouldn’t share such a scene setting story for you but when the box arrived I went searching the Glossybox UK twitter for the box’s hashtag (#LaMerGlossybox) and their feed was full of people complaining that they hadn’t got a box and that it was a joke. I don’t know how many people will agree/disagree with me but if I managed to get one around 9:15 I don’t really understand why others didn’t get there first if they really wanted one! After trying to get my hands on Yeezys for my brother twice this month-I failed both times- I really can’t see anything to complain about when stock is still around after 15/20 minutes. I was annoyed that the email didn’t get to me until after the sale had gone live, and I really feel for those who didn’t receive the email until it was too late, but if you didn’t sign up for pre-sale or left it until after 10am to try and buy one you can only blame yourself!
OK, rant over.
For those of you who are still around- let’s get on to the actual box!
La Mer is a brand I’ve always admired but never saw myself buying- the price tag is just so so so far out of my reach, so the idea of getting to sample 6 products for £40 was one I didn’t want to miss!
So what was inside?
- La Mer Revitalising Hydrating Serum: I have a strong love for serums, I think I’d probably go as far as saying that I’ve not tried one that I don’t like so I kinda knew this was going to be a hit! The serum itself is a lot more liquid-y than most I’ve tried and it takes a good 3 pumps to get enough for my full face although I guess in a full size that might just be a single pump…. it makes my skin feel instantly soft and smoothed over as well as super hydrated- everything you want in a serum, right?
- Crème De La Mer Moisturising Cream: At first I thought this was super thick and that it definitely wouldn’t be a product I’d use daily but then I read the info sheet and found out I’d been using it ALL WRONG. You’re meant to warm it up between your fingers until it goes translucent and then pat it on- like you would with an oil I guess. Since the change in application tactic I haven’t really changed my opinion that much. It’s still pretty heavy, so I’ve only been using it on a night, my skin has been a lot more hydrated since using but I think it’s a product that I’ll use when I’m really in need of a boost rather than every day.
- La Mer Cleansing Micellar Water: I’m honestly not a fan of micellar waters at all, I gave this a go and it did remove my eye make-up with ease, although I found it did sting my eye area a little. I assume it’s just as good as all the other micellar waters out there so unless you’re feeling super spendy I’d probably go for a more affordable option.
- La Mer Intensive Revitalising Mask: As soon as it’s applied to the skin it has an instant cooling effect that lasted for the whole 8 minutes it was on. Once I washed it off I couldn’t really see any dramatic results- my skin did feel hydrated and a lot more supple but I couldn’t say if that’s down to the mask itself or all the other products- that’s the only problem with trying so many new things at once!
- La Mer Treatment Lotion: supposedly a miracle product described as ‘liquid energy’- I’m not sure if it lives up to that name but it definitely evened my skin tone and texture- making a great base for other products/make-up
- La Mer Eye Concentrate: This was the product I was most excited about as lately my under eye area has been in real need of a boost and my normal eye cream isn’t cutting it. It smelt really fresh and, like the revitalising mask, it had a cooling effect once applied to the skin- it sunk in much faster than other eye creams I’ve tried, perhaps because it’s a lot thinner, and I have been reaching for this every might since the box landed on my doorstep and my eye area does look (and feel) a lot more hydrated and less bumpy.
Did you manage to get your hands on the collaboration? or are you already a firm fan of La Mer? OR maybe it’s just never something that’s appealed to you?
I haven’t been disappointed with any of these products, and in fact I’d definitely jump at the chance to get my hands on a full size eye concentrate and the hydrating serum but as it stands there is no way I can justify the expense and I’m not sure I ever could!
If you have any fab hydrating eye cream/serum recommendations that aren’t so super expensive then please let me know…