Brows are something I really struggle with- mine are already pretty full so they don’t need too much product throughout but a few years of over-plucking in the middle has left them needing some TLC in the centre.
I’m also blonde, with brows a lot darker than my natural hair colour would dictate, so I can’t be too heavy handed- it just makes them look even darker. As much as I’d love to have the super sleek brows that’re all over Insta, it’s just not meant to be- so natural it is.
I hope I’m not the only one in this position, so I thought I’d share my most loved products for making my brows look the best I possibly can…
- Maybelline Brow Drama: I’ve been using this for years and love the circular wand for grooming brows and making them even in colour without adding too much product although I’ve seen a few negative reviews too so I have a feeling it may be a love hate product
- Benefit Gimme Brow: You can see my full first impressions of this here, I’m still using the same sample size and there is plenty left. I don’t use it daily but find if I want my brows to really last it works wonders, and it’s great for filling in the sparse areas on days where I want a one product solution
- Mac Omega Eye Shadow: This was the first ever product I used for my brows and if I do say so myself I did good! I initially bought it as a transition shade for the crease of my eyelid but found it makes the most natural brow, and also works pretty well as a cool toned contour too! Its talents seem to be endless…
- Benefit Ready Set Brow: until I got my hands on this in the summer I never thought I’d be a clear brow gel user but honestly if you’ve never tried one I’d really suggest it! It allows me to mould my brows into whatever style I fancy each day and the head is such a good size! I love that the bristles are rubber as it means it doesn’t drag any product I’ve already applied off.
- & the star of the show… Miss Beauty Eyebrow Pencil: this is my true ride or die brow product, it is a lot softer than most I’ve tried which means it goes on super easy and can be blended out quickly with a spoolie. It is also the perfect taupey/grey/ashy colour, which for some reason is so difficult to find! It doesn’t last all day, but I have a habit of touching my brows quite a lot and at the grand old price of £1 I really can’t complain- you can get your own from poundland, trust me- you won’t regret it!
Do you have any other brow recommendations? I’ve always wanted to try some kind of pomade but can’t help thinking they might be too much for my brows? My flat mate loves the Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift so that’s definitely on my list for when I get sick of my £1 wonder, although I don’t see it happening any time soon!
I’d also love to know how you fair haired lovelies style your brows? Am I being shy or is natural the best way to go?