said with as much conviction as Miranda Priestly.
BUT much like florals in spring, there’s a reason why roses are so popular- god only knows I’d love to receive a bouquet but y’know, that’s very unlikely.
Anyhow, the only downside with roses is that they don’t last forever SO I thought I’d do a little gift guide based on roses, with a twist, and a little more longevity!
- Origins Original Skin Re-texturising mask with Rose Clay: I’ve harped on about this for months to anyone who’ll listen, you can find my full review here– in short it works as a face mask and exfoliator in one,
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks: Or anything from CT, their beautiful rose gold packaging is enough but when they released their cult lip liner- ‘Pillow Talk’- as a matte lipstick, I had to get my hands on it! I also picked up ‘Super Cindy’ in the ‘Hot Lips’ formula at the same time and I can’t wait to get using them both. The Rosie For Autograph make-up collection is also packaged in rose gold and proves a little less expensive, I love the chubby stick I got in my M&S advent calendar but naturally when I needed it for the photos I couldn’t find it anywhere!
- Giorgio Armani Rose Diamonds: This is a fragrance I will forever love, it is feminine without being too sweet and neither is it over floral- I’m not very good at describing fragrances so I’ll just leave the details here: Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Raspberry, Bergamot, Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Bulgarian Rose, Freesia Accord, Base Notes: Patchouli, Ambret Seeds Accord, Woody Amber Accord
- Zoeva Rose Golden Face Palette: I you follow me on insta or read my recent post including this palette you’ll know it’s become a firm favourite- a perfect contour shade paired with a subtle highlight and a gorgeous blush, you can’t go wrong!
- Dr. Botanicals Moroccan Rose & Shea Butter Body Cream*: I’ve been using this most days as a body moisturiser for the last two weeks and I’ve barely made a dent in the pot! It’s made my skin feel super soft and the smell is like nothing I’ve ever known- it has a gorgeous rose scent that sticks around like nobody’s business yet isn’t over powering in the slightest! It’s currently on offer for £19.99 so if it takes your fancy I’d pick it up asap- plus you can use the code ‘TARABLOG‘ for an EXTRA 20% off!
- Rose Gold Make-up Brushes: Mine are some dupes which I picked up rather cheaply on amazon, you could do the same although I’m not entirely sure they’d arrive in time SO you could go for the real deal and pick up a set, or even a couple of brushes, from Beauty bay! I’ve heard Zoeva brushes are fab and I’d definitely love to own some myself!
- Lush Tisty Tosty Bath Bomb: Or any Lush bath bomb would suffice really! I tend to go for the white bath bombs as I don’t fancy having to wash the bath out as soon as I get out of it- it kind of ruins the whole relaxing thing! Aside from that little pernickety point you really can’t go wrong with anything from lush, Tisty Totsy contains rose oil AND rose buds!
- Rose Gold Beauty Tools: I picked up the eyelash curlers, nail clippers and nail scissors from New Look and have been absolutely smitten with them- they’re all around the £3 mark each and are currently part of a 3 for 2 promotion. They’re the kind of thing you begrudge buying yourself but that everyone needs, and anything in rose gold makes it a little more special, not to mention a lot prettier on the bathroom side.
Have you got any other rose inspired gift ideas? What’re you hoping to receive/buying yourself? For me, Valentine’s is about sharing the love with those around you- not just romantically but your family, friends and yourself too- god knows we could all do with a pick me up in this never ending winter!
*This post contains PR samples