My go to breakfast is always either porridge or granola- so when I fancied a sweet treat that could also double up as breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack, I thought a Granola bar was the perfect solution!
My cupboards are stocked with these ingredients all year round so it was whipped up in a minute- if you don’t have the exact seeds/nuts/fruit feel free to substitute them for whatever you happen to have in your cupboards or what you fancy most!
I love all the different textures that go on in these, crunchy but chewy and every mouthful has something different- a real taste sensation!
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 5tbsp Honey
- 120g Butter
- 2tbsp Peanut Butter
- 40g Pumpkin Seeds
- 20g Sunflower Seeds
- 40g Raisins
- 40g Dried Cranberries
- 100g Mixed Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180/160 fan, line
- Combine the oats and sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan and then pour over the oat and sugar mixture, add the peanut butter and mix well
- Add the nuts, seeds and dried fruit, saving a couple handfuls, and mix until evenly distributed throughout the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin, press down to make sure the mixture is spread evenly and then sprinkle the remaining seeds, nuts and dried fruit over the top before pressing down firmly
- Pop into the over for 15-20 minutes until very lightly golden at the edges- don’t be tempted to over do it as it’ll harden as it cools
- Leave to cool before cutting into portions
Realistically these are basically flapjacks with some added extras, but who doesn’t want to kid themselves that their treats are healthy?!
What’re your go to treats at the minute? My sweet tooth seems to be taking over at the minute so I’d love any inspiration on what to make next!
Pin me for later…