HAPPY NEW YEAR! I’m so sorry for the radio silence on my end but the first week of the year is always manic for me! Who really thought it was a good time for uni deadlines?! A couple of all nighters made sure everything was in on time and now I can get started with the year properly! Before I start enacting any resolutions I thought I’d share with you some things that 2016 taught me- now I’m not saying Kylie Jenner can tell the future or anything but it did turn out 2016 was a year of realising a whole lot of things…
- Blood isn’t always thicker than water- my family are the BEST and I really don’t think I could get much luckier, but I also have some amazing friends that I would do anything and everything for. Sometimes, friendships are just as strong as family ties, mine have crossed countries and continents this year and I’d say are stronger than ever.
- Life is precious, and short- it seems we have lost so many huge figures this year, and even on a smaller scale than all those well known faces. I feel like death has been a huge component of 2016 and if it’s taught me anything it’s that you’ve got to make the most of the time you have, and don’t forget to tell people you love them!
- What you put into your body really does make a difference- this year I’ve realised I don’t really get along with Milk, and since I’ve been trying to cut it out (cheese & chocolate have been making things difficult) I’ve noticed a HUGE difference in my digestion and skin!
- You don’t have to have your shit together ALL THE TIME- in fact, it’s pretty impossible. There’s always gonna be something that doesn’t work how you want it to or one day where everything seems to be going wrong, but everyone has them! Even when it seems like everyone around you has it figured out, they probably don’t (esp. final year undergrad’s!)
- The past is the past. There’s no point wasting time worrying about things you have/haven’t done and how you could have handled situations differently- unless you can time travel, there’s nothing you can do about it now (and would you want to deal with the consequences if you could?!)
On a lighter note, 2016 was also the year I realised I LIKE HUMMUS?!
I’m sure there are plenty more things I’ve realised this year, whether it has to do with the fact I’m growing up and experiencing bigger challenges or whether 2016 was truly the year of ‘realising stuff’ I shall never know, although I have a feeling it may be the former!
What’ve you realised this year? Be it significant or not I’d love to know what you’ve learnt!
Pin me for later…