I feel like my catchphrase at the minute is ‘better late than never’ (which is something I’m definitely not proud of!) and the same goes for this post. I know I promised it for Saturday but I’m drowning in uni deadlines at the minute and with all the festivities everything’s getting on top of me! I’m writing this out on the notes app on my phone, in the car on my way to the train station- don’t worry, I’m not driving!- just so I can get it to you before 2017 (a slight exaggeration but y’know it’s more fun that way)
So, another week and another Christmassy recipe for you to feast your eyes- & hopefully mouth- on.
This week we’re going super simple with a festive twist on a classic rocky road! You can get this together so quick and it’s the ultimate crowd pleaser…
- 150g Butter
- 500g Milk/Dark Chocolate, depending on your preferences, I often use a mix of both!
- 3.5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g Marshmallows
- 50g Cranberries
- 150g Gingernut Biscuits
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup on a very low heat in a pan or over a double boiler
- Crush the gingernuts in a sandwich bag with a rolling until they’re on quite big chunks- you could do this by hand too if you’re feeling that
- Like a baking tray with parchment or cling film
- Once the chocolate mixture has melted remove from the heat and take around 1/5 of the mixture (5 or 6 tbsp will do) and set it aside in a jug/bowl or whatever you have to hand!
- Add the gingernuts and cranberries to the remaining chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly
- Add the marshmallows and then pour the mixture into the baking tin and press down with a spatula
- Pour the chocolate mixture that you set aside over the top of the Rocky road and spread evenly
- Refrigerate until set, then remove from the fridge and sprinkle with icing sugar before cutting it up into whatever size portions you fancy!
If you cut this into bite size squares it would make the perfect finger food at a Christmas gathering or bigger bars could be wrapped in cellophane and given as gifts- just remember to keep it in the fridge!
I really hope you’re enjoying my festive bakes this year, you can check out my other classics with a twist here and here, let me know if you have any other ideas for me!
Also, can we just take a second to talk about the fact it’s Christmas next week- NEXT WEEK?! I really just don’t know where time has gone this year, I’ve not even started to buy any presents never mind thought about giving them- are you super organised or in the same boat as me?
Pin me for later…