I spend more time that I’d care to admit on the Feel Unique website, yet had never come across this until a couple of weeks ago & I haven’t stopped thinking about it since! It’s basically a self-made beauty box for £3.95, sounds good right?
I’ve always wanted to try a beauty box but everyone I talk to has something negative to say about them- they get products they’d never use, ones that aren’t suited to their skin tone/type or they get the same product twice- so I haven’t been sold yet. I do however, love the idea of a small selection of product I haven’t tried landing on my door step- or as this works through my letter box- once a month!
It’s not a subscription service though but you can only order one a month- there’s a huge range of samples to choose from but if nothing suits your fancy, or you just have enough products in your life, you need not order one!
ANOTHER bonus is that you get a gift voucher worth £3.95 (the price you paid for the samples!) to redeem of your next shop!
So what did I pick? I thought I’d go for things I’d had my eye on but didn’t want to take the plunge and buy the full size, and they had quite so many things that caught my eye!
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo: I’ve meant to buy this for YEARS (and that’s not even an exaggeration) but something else always pops up that I buy instead! The sample size will give me a chance to work out whether I really need them both!
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Mattifying Fluid: I’ve read a couple of reviews of this lately and thought it might be pretty similar to the Murad Mattifier so buying the full size seemed frivolous but when I saw it as a sample I couldn’t pass up the chance to try it! I was a little disappointed when it arrived as a sachet as it was advertised as a bottle but hey ho- it’s what’s inside that counts!
- Maison Margiela Replica, Beach Walk: There are EVERYWHERE at the minute and when I saw there were a few of the fragrances available I thought I had to try one! Picking which one was like a game of ‘eeny meeny miney mo’- I ended up with Beach Walk and it’s is a lovely fresh scent. I’m going to have to go into store and try the others too now!
- Bioderma Sebium Cleanser: I chose this purely because I’m going to Paris for a couple of days next week and thought it would be a great handy travel size, it was the only cleanser I could find that wasn’t in a sachet- lets pray I get on with it!
- Viktor and Rolf Bonbon: I am a die hard fan of Flowerbomb, so I thought I’d give Bonbon a try! Plus, sample size perfumes are SO handy for popping in your bag on the go!
A quick tip- you can change the selection so that you only get shown tubes/pots rather than sachets which gives you a little more for your money!
Also, I just thought I should point out that this is in no way sponsored by Feel Unique- I just think it’s a great service!
Have you tried Pick ‘n’ Mix? or do yo already subscribe to a traditional beauty box? If there’s one you really like I’d love to know!