If you are a regular reader, or follow me over on Instagram, you will have probably noticed that I’ve got a thing for face masks at the minute- and #BlackFriday only added to my stock pile! So I thought I’d share my top tips for maximising the effects of your favourite face masks- whatever they may be!
- Clean your hands (or whatever you’re using to apply the mask)
- You can’t expect it to work miracles on your skin if you’re using dirty tools to apply it!
- Prep your skin properly
- Cleansing before a mask will help the mask penetrate deeper, especially if you use warm water to help open your pores! Also pay attention to whether it should be applied on dry/damp/wet skin- the instructions are there for a reason!
- Stick to the time!
- There is a time frame to leave the mask on, again, for a reason! Leaving a sheet mask on too long can result in the sheet re-absorbing the serums from your skin, whilst leaving a generic mask on could have drying effects!
- Know when to throw your masks away
- This is especially important for fresh face masks such as those from Lush, it may be tempting to keep them if you still have a lot of product left but there is an expiry printed date for a reason! Equally as important is throwing longer life masks away after the suggested amount of months- at best, the mask will be ineffective, but is it worth risking a reaction to expired products?
- Use them regularly!
- Masks often seem like a quick fix, but with regular use they can have a lasting effect on the skin. I’m currently trying to do a face mask at least 2/3 times a week- admittedly this is made a lot easier by sheet masks as they require less effort but it’s no hardship to apply any mask and leave it for 15 minutes before bed!
So there you have it, do you have any more tips? I’d love to hear how you get the most from your masks- do you ever manage to use a full Lush face mask before it’s expiry? How often a week do you use a face mask & what’re your favourites?
Pin me for later…