Out of all my recipes my cookies are my most loved! They were one of the first things I felt like I’d cracked- and the initial recipe (my choc chip cookie recipe) has formed the basis of ALLL the cookie recipes I’ve made ever since! They’re so quick and easy to knock up and are a real crowd pleaser- my latest variation is PB & WC (that’s not gonna catch on is it? I guess I’ll have stick with peanut butter & white chocolate)
I love using crunchy peanut butter just for the added texture but feel free to use whichever variety you fancy!
- 115g Butter
- 110g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 190g Self-Raising Flour
- 135g Peanut Butter
- 200g White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC Fan
- Cream the butter and the sugars together in a large mixing bowl, either with a wooden spoon or hand mixer
- Add the egg and the peanut butter and mix
- Add the flour and combine all the ingredients to form a dough
- Break up the chocolate into large chunks, then add to the cookie dough mix
- Line a baking tray (or two!) and then spoon the mixture onto the tray- be sure to leave plenty of space between them as they spread and could end up merging together!
- Pop into the oven for 8-10 minutes, until very slightly golden- they may not look cooked but I promise they are!
- Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to cool and solidify slightly before moving onto a wire rack to cool completely
What’re your favourite, go to bakes? I’m sure mine will gravitate towards gingerbread soon with all the festivities!
Pin me for later…