Now it’s officially Autumn- the weather would still suggest otherwise!- Porridge has made a come back into my daily routine and you know what that means, OATS, and I would be ridiculous if I had an abundance of oats in the house and didn’t make flapjack, right? RIGHT!
I know I always say how simple my recipes are- I’m not lying, I’m lazy and if it’s any fussier than it need’s to be I will always find a way to make it easier- but this one is super super simple, it takes half an hour from start to finish and only needs the a pan and a baking tin- not even a mixing bowl- the less washing up the better, after all!
- 100g Butter
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 4/5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Porridge Oats (if using Jumbo Oats then blend them a little first or they wont stick!)
- Line a deep baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan
- Add the butter and golden syrup to a pan on a medium heat, stirring two combine the two, once the butter has melted remove from the heat
- Add the sugar and oats, mixing until they are all equally wet
- Tip the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and pop in the over for 15-20 minutes until golden
- please please pleaaaase don’t be tempted to leave them in for longer, they harden loads as they cool and eating a brick is not much fun!
Also, it makes the flapjack way easier to cut if you do it in the tray whilst they’re still warm!
As I write this post I’m sat munching on a three day old piece from my latest batch- I know, I can’t believe they’re still around after 3 days either, you can tell I’m back in London and not as home- anyway, it is still as good as it was when I made them on Wednesday!
Happy Friday my lovelies!