This summer we have been blessed with some gorgeous weather in the UK, leading to many impromptu BBQs. 90% of the time I knock up a quick cake or Pavlova for dessert but recently I fancied a change and made the cutest (and tastiest!) ice lollies!
The pink lemonade mixture tasted SO good that we drank nearly half of it before it had even made it into the lolly moulds (which must be like gold dust at the minute- you wouldn’t believe how many shops I visited looking for them!)
All you need to make these are…
- 500ml Lemonade
- 100g Strawberries, pureed
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Sugar (or more/less to taste!)
- A handful of Strawberries, thinly slices
- A handful of Raspberries
Then, you just mix it all together (almost!).
- Add the strawberry puree to the lemonade- you can pass it through a sieve if you like to eliminate the seeds but I didn’t bother and received no complaints- along with the lemon juice and the sugar and mix well.
- Then add the mix to your lolly moulds, along with a couple slices of fruit until they’re about 1/5 full
- Pop the moulds into the freezer for around an hour until the mix is mostly frozen, then place your lolly sticks into the middle and top the moulds up with the remaining fruit and lemonade
- Freeze for at least 6 hours- or overnight if you’ve got the time- then Voila! your very own, homemade pink lemonade ice lollies will be ready to devour!
I can’t wait to keep experimenting with home made lollies now I’ve got the moulds- let me know you’re favourite flavours so I can give them a go!