Raspberries are one of my all time favorite foods and I love to incorporate them into my bakes! Why then, you ask, have I not posted this recipe sooner?! Or any recipe using Raspberries so far? Honestly- I’m just as shocked as you and thought I should share this ASAP to remedy the situation.
This loaf is kinda like a Bakewell in flavour but much easier to create- who could say no to this delicious loaf? (Made even better by freshly picked raspberries!)
- 150g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Milk
- 275g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 200g Raspberries
- 2tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 2tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180/160 fan
- Cream the butter, golden caster sugar and light brown soft sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the Self-Raising Flour, Baking Powder and Ground Almonds
- Add the eggs and then flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugars a little at a time until both are fully incorporated
- Add most of the raspberries to the mixture, saving some to dot along the top of your loaf, and fold in gently
- Grease and line a 2lb Loaf Tin, then spoon in the mixture
- Press the spare raspberries into the top of your loaf, then sprinkle the flaked almonds and Demerara over the top before popping into the oven for 50-60 minutes. As you can see, mine caught a little on top- if you’re worried about this then maybe leave the Demerara and add it half way through, or just keep a closer eye!
Let me know if you give this bake a go, I love seeing pic of your bakes!
What’s your go-to summer recipe?