Drum roll please…..
I’ve done it, I’ve cracked the Pret Popcorn Bar- never again will I have to spend £1.50 on one (jk, I definitely will through sheer convenience but still)
This one wasn’t that difficult, I found the “actual” recipe for Pret’s version on their facebook page from years ago although was 100% certain that what they published wasn’t what they actually used so set about modifying it until I was satisfied I had created a rival. Plus, it is definitely a lot more cost effective! (and you can pick your own portion size…)
- 200g White Chocolate
- 40g Rice Krispies
- 70g Salted Popcorn
- 50g Dark/Milk Chocolate (I prefer dark but it’s up to you!)
- 1.5 tbsp caramel (recipe here– steps 4&5, you could make the cups at the same time too!)
- Break the white chocolate into chunks and then melt it in a large bowl over a double boiler
- Add the popcorn & puffed rice to the chocolate and stir well until fully combined & evenly coated
- Line a baking tray with parchment and fill it with the chocolate popcorn mixture, pressing down firmly to ensure it is compact then place in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Whilst the popcorn is setting, make the caramel & set it aside to cool
- Just before you remove the popcorn from the fridge melt the milk/dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl
- Once set, remove the popcorn from the fridge and the baking tin, then drizzle the caramel, followed by the melted chocolate over the top
- Place the popcorn bars into the freezer for at least half an hour to set the caramel & chocolate
- Before cutting into portions let the slab warm up slightly- it’ll make your job a lot easier!
These will last for at least 4 days- thats how long we managed to ration them for anyway, so I can’t vouch for longer but I’m sure you’ll eat them as fast as us!