So, despite it being January, when every man and his dog are dieting, I CAN’T STOP BAKING! It’s so therapeutic and has the best reward (or worst if you’re on said diet!) so, I thought I’d come to a compromise and instead of a delicious cake I would share a ‘healthier’ recipe.
This has to be one of the simplest granola’s out there and is a prefect breakfast accompaniment, sprinkled over porridge or atop a nice bowl of yoghurt and fruit. Or, if you’re like me, it makes a great snack when eaten dry!
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250g Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 30g Puffed Rice (eg. Rice Krispies)
- 60g Cashew Nuts
- 30g Peanuts
- 30g Walnuts
- 60g Raisins
- 60g Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan and line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the Coconut Oil, Honey and Maple Syrup to a pan and heat on a medium heat until the oil has melted and all three are combined, then remove from the heat
- Add all the dry ingredients (Except the fruit) to a bowl and mix together, then pour over the wet ingredients from the pan and the vanilla extract before stirring well to ensure everything is equally wet and evenly distributed
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly
- Cook for around 10 minutes at 160°C for chewy granola, or an extra 5 minutes if you like it more crunchy!
- Break up any larger pieces and then pop in a jar (& try and resist until breakfast!)
I hope this isn’t too detrimental to any diet you may be on! (and if you aren’t dieting then go wild! I’ll maybe put some naughtier recipes on next week!)