This has to be one of the easiest, simplest recipe’s of all time (you know that’s what I’m all about!) and you will most likely have all the ingredients in your house already!
This recipe makes quite a few biscuits so you could always halve it if you wish!
- 300g Plain Flour
- 200g Butter
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Rub the butter and flour together until the mix resembles the texture of breadcrumbs
- Add the caster sugar and vanilla extract and work together until a dough forms (if your dough is a little crumbly, add a splash of water or milk to help bring it together!)
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30mins
- While waiting for your dough to chill, preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan then grease and line a baking tray (or two!)
- After 30 minutes, remove your dough from the fridge and roll it out onto a floured surface until it is around half a centimetre thick, then cut out your stars- I went for varying sizes so I could stack the biscuits to look like christmas trees (how very festive of me!)
- Pop the biscuits into the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden. Like cookies, they will harden slightly as they cool so be careful not to overdo them
If you aren’t already feeling festive these will definitely do the trick! I always love baking at Christmas time, especially when you can give all your treats away to visitors!
Let me know if you give these a go!