I’ve been thinking long and hard about this, and although I don’t use all of these products every single day, I definitely find myself reaching for them on a regular basis- and some I do use daily! (Looking at you Revlon colour stay foundation/ Maybelline mascara!)
I wanted to initially make this post ‘5 budget buys’ but realised I couldn’t rule any of these products out, so now we have 9 (I tried 10 but there wasn’t a tenth product I deemed good enough- let me know if you have any suggestions!).
This is a little embarrassing, but it seems all my favourite high street eye products come from one brand- Maybelline. Even worse, I’ve only just realised this now! I guess they just know what they’re doing when it comes to eye make-up.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara (£4.99); At first I didn’t like this at all, yet now I couldn’t live without it! I tend to use it alone and it adds a hint of colour to my brows (which are already naturally pretty dark in comparison to my hair colour) as well as coating the almost invisible hairs to make my eyebrows look loads fuller & stay in place all day.
- Maybelline Colour tattoo 24hour Cream Gel Eyeshadow (£4.99); Another fab everyday product that also works great as a base at for an evening look all year round! The formula is super easy to blend & very pigmented- a win win.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (£7.99); I use this eyeliner to line my waterline on both the top and bottom of my eye and find it makes my lashes look loads fuller- and I always get compliment’s so I know other people notice and not just me!
- Maybelline The Colossal Smokey/Cat Eyes Mascara (£7.99 each); I am a die hard fan of both these mascaras, I use them both daily and no matter what new mascara I buy to try do the job by itself I always find myself returning back to these two. They don’t make your lashes clumpy, crispy and it doesn’t drop!
- Revlon Colorstay Lipliner (£6.29); Super smooth, blendable and stays put FOREVER, what more could you want? The shades all seem to perfectly suit my skin tone too!
- Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balm (£7.99); Almost like a cross between a gloss, lipstick and lip balm all in a chubby stick. These were my go to lip products all summer and they’re still firm favourites!
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick (£6.99); The perfect ‘my lips but better’ shades in a non-drying formula- a handbag essential.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet (£8.99); Lipstick in a tube? Matte gloss? There is so many things this could be described as but none quite do it justice, another handbag staple although it does really need a lip liner. The applicator makes life so easy and the formula goes on silky/ glossy then dries matte and stays put.
- Revlon Colorstay 24hr Makeup for Combination/Oily skin (£12.99); A permanent fixture in my make-up bag for as long as I can remember. The best value for money foundation I have ever tried, nowhere else can you get the coverage and longevity on the high street in so many different shades!
So that’s the lot! I have yet to find a budget bronzer that rivals my go to NARS Laguna, and as far as contour is concerned I have yet to try a budget buy, but there looks to be some good stuff out there at the minute!
Please let me know what your favourite budget beauty buys are!